Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Late Show

I didn't get a chance to blog at all yesterday, which was very distressing to me. But, there were some laundry issues that needed my attention and we took the kids down to the Lakewalk along Lake Superior. Their favorite outing!

After we got the kiddos to bed, we got a babysitter and went to a late movie. We don't go out as often as we should, but a lot of times at night I just don't feel like I have the energy. Typically, we go for a more interactive date at a coffee shop, but last night there was a pirate movie we wanted to see (which was awesome by the way!). So we went to the 9:20 show. We were the only ones there and I was tired. But it was good to get out together, get away from the stresses of life and enjoy getting lost in a pirate movie together. We bought way too many snacks - we must have been thinking family style. But we got to sit there, watch and eat uninterrupted together.

On the way home at midnight, we were tired so we didn't say much. But I was reminded that it is really important to take time out together. When was the last time you dated your mate?

No comments: