Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Who Is Mommy Missionary?

The Adventures of Mommy Missionary was originally going to be a way for my "professional missionary friends" that are Moms to stay in touch. However, as I thought about it and talked to more moms I realized, every Christian Mom is a missionary. It is our goal to raise our kids to be followers of Christ. Followers of Christ that will love and glorify Jesus Christ with their hearts and their lives. So who is Mommy Missionary? It's you!

I've talked to so many moms in so many walks of life over the past month that are having the same struggles. They are lonely, discouraged, stressed and tired. Why do we feel so isolated? Is it because society (even Christian culture) does not value our jobs? Maybe we aren't doing important or valuable work when we are not contributing to our materialistic culture. We could have that new house, car, boat, outfit, or toy if we would just get out and get a REAL job or work more hours! And I do not think working outside the home is a no-no at all. But for most working moms I know, their hearts are mainly concerned with the job that's waiting for them at home, and so they are Mommy Missionaries as well. I hope that we can spur each other on to look at what God says and what he values. Please feel free to add your comments. (My ranting will get kind of old if you don't.)

God has used my marriage and family to make me more like Him. I have to serve. I have to put others before myself. I have to be humble (changing diapers and worse). God has taken this self-absorbed brat and changed me. The more I allow God to change me and let go of my wants and desires, the more peace and joy I have. God has asked us to "pour ourselves out". And just when I think I can't pour any more, He gives me the grace and strength to do it/ It isn't easy, but I wouldn't want to do it any other way but God's way. And beleive me - I've tried and we'll get to that later.

Philippians 2:17
"But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from you faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you." NIV

4 comments:

Calvary Kids said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. You've been busy with all the entries right away! And you are a very good writer. I look forward to reading more!

Wayne Pederson said...

These are wonderful, Michelle. You're a very gifted writer. The stories are so real, so transparent, so applicable to all of us. I'm so proud of you and your love for Jesus. God bless you and your sweet family.
Love, Dad

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,

I'm also Michelle... :) Just ran across your blog from a comment you posted on MckMama's BlogFrog. Something you said about the Little People nativity set and the story of jesus sounded so "real" in terms of true Christianity, plus your blog title, so I thought I'd come take a look.

I'll come back and visit again, you are a good writer and you write about the Truth, praise the Lord.

What a gift we have, in the privelege of raising our little ones in the knowledge of Him. May you be blessed on your journey.

Every blessing,
Michelle (in Switzerland)

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!
Remember the "duck" from your early childhood?

Your mother introduced me to your blog. What a strategic ministry of encouragement you are having to mothers all over the world, and you do it with great skill.

May God continue to richly bless you, Mike and your "five" in 2010.

Paul R.