Saturday, August 12, 2006

Is That Blood? - Part 2

Is it any surprise that hurt leads to anger and anger leads to bitterness? For some reason, it was news to me. It seems easier to bury those feelings and pretend everything is ok. Or maybe it is nice to have some ammunition to throw out during the next fight. Sometimes it just feels good to be mad or have someone to blame (I tend to like to play the blame game). But it only adds up to devestation!


One thing I learned during that time in my life was to keep a short account with God. I need to regularly ask him to show me any areas where I have either been hurt or caused hurt. And then I need to deal with it: forgive or seek forgiveness. (Here we go with the humility thing again, but really, it takes humility to seek forgiveness.)

I'm not sure what I'd do without God showing me the things in my heart that need to change. The devil would love for us to let our relationships bleed to death, but only Jesus can stop the bleeding and prevent a trip to the emergency room.

Ephesians 4:26-27
In your anger do not sin:
Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry,
and do not give the devil a foothold.

Ephesians 4:29-32
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths,
but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs,
that it may benefit those who listen.
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit fo God,
with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander,
along with every form of malice.
Be kind and compassionate to one another,
forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

No comments: