Sunday, November 29, 2009

Grand

We’ve had a grand week.  Both sets of Grandparents have been here. The kids are over tired from staying up too late, spoiled from getting everything they want, and happy for the time they had with them. 

After I had kids, I appreciated my parents and in-laws even more because no one else cared about every little thing the kids did or loved playing with them like their grandparents.  Grandparents are the only people who don’t mind changing your kids diapers or eating things they’ve already licked.  They don’t mind having kids in their bed or reading those really long books that parents hate. 

The love of grandparents is special.  I know how special my grandparents are to me.  We’ve had such good times together. They think I am the best, most talented person on the planet,  in equal measure to all my cousins of course. 

 

They like to go on outings for ice cream.

CanalPark 056

Do crafts.

CanalPark 135 CanalPark 144

Do laundry.

Babysit so I can go out and be a grown up.

CanalPark 134

 

They sometimes like to sing and be goofy.

 

My grandpa loves to sing.  He’s 92 and still sings.  He taught me this song and I have in turn taught it to my kids.

Last night as I lay on my pillow.

Last night as I lay in my bed.

I stuck my big feet out the window.

And now all my neighbors are dead.

 

This week my father-in-law taught a song to my kids that they cannot stop singing or giggling about.  It goes something like this:

Food, Glorious, Food

Grandpa’s getting fatter

When I move my belly jiggles

It makes my little granddaughters giggle.

Not only do my kids know some odd and politically incorrect songs, they have a bunch of fun memories that will be special for a lifetime. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you sure posted this quickly!!
It was "grand" for us too! Thanks for everything!

Mom