Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A River Runs Through It

We have a new-ish tradition of going to a park and cooking over a fire for Mother’s day with whoever wants to come.  The bathroom facilities leave a lot to be desired.  BYOTP:  Bring Your Own Toilet Paper. But the scenery and adventure makes it all worth it.

DSCF6756

There are lots of rocks, sticks and mud to play with in the river.

DSCF6763

DSCF6765

DSCF6769

It was fun pouring handfuls of dirt into the water.

DSCF6772

And throwing sticks

DSCF6779

DSCF6788

Playing Games

DSCF6802

DSCF6804

Roasting Marshmallows

DSCF6800

Eating S’mores

DSCF6794DSCF6793

DSCF6795

It was loads of fun.  Especially since I didn’t have to use the bathroom once!

4 comments:

Jenilee said...

that looks like so much fun and something our family would enjoy!! and, we've been on those BYOTP adventures too... makes things interesting with little ones for sure :) cute post!

Shan in Japan said...

I had smores last week but we had to roast the marshmallows over candles! They don't taste the same if you don't have that smoked smell on your clothes:)
Looks like a great day!

Peter and Nancy said...

I loved your "part 3" post -- thank you for your transparency. I can do the same thing too, and let an unresolved hurt become a barrier between me and the one I'm supposed to put before myself.

Happy Mother's Day -- you made me have the camping itch today. (And that's not a reference to poison ivy!)
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I remember how much fun you and Christy had when we went to the park for Mother's Day (many years ago now!)! :)

Mom