Tuesday, April 13, 2010

In My Future

Five or six years ago I was shopping with my sister in a big mall by her house. This was before our discovery and love affair with thrift stores. We were floating from section to section in a department store when all of a sudden to my horror, I found myself holding an Alfred Dunner shirt. I had recently learned that Alfred was my Grandmother's favorite brand. It's all nice and classy for someone in their 80's but I wasn't even 30 yet!

I made a beeline for a trendier store with talking mannequins in their commercials. You can't go wrong, everything there is trendy. No accidentally walking into the old lady section. I have bought things there over the years or that brand at the thrift store. The other day, I tried on some capri pants there. I couldn't figure out what the problem was. They were cute and on sale but they were too low. My whole "I've had five babies" belly tumbled right over the top. I got a shirt but quickly ran away from the pants.

Earlier this year I discovered another store. They have jeans that are cut for someone over the age of 21. Their extra larges are not too small. I found some capri pants there. They are black! And they have these tummy panels that hold in said belly. I love them. I really, really love them.

But it got me thinking, I'm on a slippery slope. Alfred Dunner is in my future.

No comments: