Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fall Break

It’s a long weekend in Minnesota. There is a state-wide teachers conference so the kids get Thursday and Friday off. And so do the teachers. I really don’t know any teachers who actually go so I think we could just call it what it is : fall break. In Northern Minnesota and a lot of other places this year, fall looks like this.

blog10.12 005 blog10.12 006 blog10.12 007

The big girls and I and some friends are going to see the musical “Little House on the Prairie” at the Ordway Theater in St. Paul. We are spending the night and doing a little shopping before we head home. Grant is riding along with us to hang out with his cousin while we do girl stuff. I’m hoping the weather, road construction and trying to park my van in the city won’t ruin any of the fun. I don’t think there is internet at our luxurious hotel my parent’s house.

On Friday the whole family is going to Camp New Hope. It’s a camp for veteran’s and their families to get away and get help when they come back from overseas. Mike has been helping out at previous camps and they invited us all to go along this time. Mike reminded the guy that we have five kids. He said they had the perfect place for us and then he told Mike to get a hobby.

I’m looking forward to a fun weekend, although I hate leaving the little girls when it comes down to it. Even if I have been counting the days to getting a break from them. If you don’t care, don’t read my blog on Monday because I’ll definitely have pictures that I took with my daughter’s camera since I lost mine. I did find the cell phone though. It was in a band aid box in the linen closet. Why didn’t I think of looking there?

No comments: