Monday, September 21, 2009

Pillow Talk

Mike and I do not see eye to eye on everything. When we got married he announced that he wouldn't stand for a bed covered in pillows. I was offended. My cute, decorative, perfectly match my bedding pillows were banished. It was just as well that I learned practicality always wins out with him right away in our marriage.

When I was pregnant I had a long obsessions with my body pillow. He felt like there was someone else in bed with us.

I love my pillows. Now, we are lucky to have two pillows on our bed. Through our years of parenting many, many good pillows have succumbed to sickness and body fluid. Yesterday the girls made a pillow fort out of all the pillows they could find in the house. The fort would have been soo much better had we still had our cute pillows but I'm sure they appreciated that this way it was a lot more practical.

We have what I consider a "good" pillow and a "bad" pillow. Sometimes in my selfishness I keep the good pillow for myself when I change the sheets. Last night I told him how lucky he was that I was being selfless and keeping the "good" pillow on his side. He replied that he was being selfless and letting me have the good one. Finally, we seem to see eye to eye on pillows. He likes the bad one and I can have the good one.

In the middle of the night last night I heard him in the bathroom. It's pretty unusual because it takes a hurricane type sound to wake him up. When I got in there he was angrily washing his neck muttering that there was gum on the pillow. A little leftover present from the girls and their pillow fort that I honestly knew nothing about when I generously gave it back to him.

As I trotted back to bed smiling, I resisted the urge to say, "See, I told you, that IS the bad pillow!"

No comments: