Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Milestones

We celebrated a milestone last night.  Our oldest graduated from 6th grade.  They really do 6th grade graduation up big here.  Pomp and circumstance.  Speeches.  Musical selections.  Professional pictures.  Slide shows.  It was a fun night.

DSCF6843

The kids in this class are growing up and it’s amazing to see their talents and personalities shine. 

There are so many great things about my boy.  I must admit I’m a little worried all those thing are going to fly out the door when he gets to junior high. 

DSCF6853

Like letting me take his picture.

DSCF6752

I know there will be tough times through the next six years, until the next graduation.  But I don’t feel doomed.  He still cuddles with his little sister and isn’t embarrassed to see me at school.  Plus, I found this in his 6th Grade Sketch Book.

DSCF6820

Ignore the “Smile Die” part.  I did.

The instructions at the top of the page are to draw your favorite place.

DSCF6819

It looks familiar.

DSCN2895

If things get rough, I’ll just sleep with that drawing under my pillow.  I think we are going to be just fine. 

No comments: