Friday, February 18, 2011

The Road Less Stressful

Two paths diverged in Motherhood

and sadly I could not do it all.

I’m just one mom, and there I stood

Looking as far ahead as I could

down the path I thought I should trod

The footprints on that path are many

Offers of fun and activity was plenty

 

Then I carefully looked the other path over

it was overgrown and full of clover

It seemed rather quiet

and much less of a riot

 

There are things on the worn path

that seem so good and might be a blast

But life is moving way too fast

fighting and stress are the bitter aftermath

 

So I had to choose which way to go

I knew I may not ever come back this way

And one Sunday I knew we just  had to choose slow

Offers and activities will come as they may

But sometimes I have to choose to just walk away

 

There are a lot of things that might be fun

But my audience to please is really just One

The joy of peace and quietness

leaves my family in much less of a mess

 

Choosing quiet nights and running less

Even if it’s just once in a while,  it still can bless

I’ll tell this tale someday to come

when my mothering days are done.

 

Two roads diverged in motherhood, and I-

I took the one less stressful.

And that has made all the difference.

 

Photo shoot with Kellers 048

 

Poorly adapted from The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

1 comment:

Peter and Nancy said...

I already feel the pressure of too much activity, and I only have three kids -- I can't imagine how crazy it is with 5! Good for you (and me) when we say no . . . most of the time, we're saying no to something that won't matter in 100 years.
Nancy