Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Moment of Panic

In the busyness of Thanksgiving  I hadn’t thought ahead or looked at a calendar.  I didn’t know what was coming in the schedule, but one thing is certain: tomorrow is December 1. 

Yesterday as I was starting the clean up from the weekend I had a moment of panic.  I spent some time filling my calendar with the dates of basketball practice, games, piano lessons, chess club, girl scouts and tried to remember when I let our schedule get so out of control.  I guess with five kids in the house even having everyone in one or two things still makes life pretty crazy.

I’m just a little worried because I was going to Do December Different.  We’ve already been planning.  The girls made our own little advent calendar to keep track of our daily acts of giving.

DSCF5554

DSCF5556

With stickers.  Because I was going to do this thing right!

DSCF5558

I have no idea if we will actually be able to pull it off.  I don’t like trying things I don’t know I can do.  And do well.  How pitiful will it be if we end up too busy to do December different. 

Last night, we got a lot of snow.  I didn’t go running or have Bible study or go the vet which gave me a whole night and day at home.  I’ve got some extra time to get prepare. 

I am looking forward to Christmas more than I have in a while.  The adventure of our little advent calendar is going to be fun.  Even joy in the little things like a snow day.  Hopefully, it will add a lot of meaning to our December.

How about you?  Are you making any plans to do December different? 

No comments: