Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Glowing

We never go visit my Grandparents without a trip to “Encore”.  It’s a second hand clothing store that I love with all my heart!  I always find lots of great things for the kids and Grandma always pays.

We bought the dresses that Annie and Maren wore to the Father Daughter Ball there.

DSCF6586

That’s a goofy picture but look at how Maren is standing.  She’s posing and glowing. 

DSCF6587

DSCF6588

DSCF6610

You get the idea.

It reminded me of when she tried on the dress when we got home from the store.  She flitted in to show my Grandpa and he gushed over how beautiful she looked and what a sweetheart she is.  You should know that my Grandpa is 94 years old and can hardly see.

But that didn’t matter to Maren.  She was absolutely soaking in the love.  Her eyes were shining, she was smiling and glowing.  Kind of like this:

DSCF6586

I couldn’t help but wonder when the last time any woman over the age of 15 felt like that.  I mean it’s hard to feel so special and loved and doted on that we glow.  I think most of us are just trying to survive through the day.

Just how Maren felt in the presence of her great-grandpa is exactly how we can feel every day.  We can have that every single time we are in the presence of our heavenly Father.

“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us,  that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!” 

1 John 3:1

We are loved beyond measure, worth great sacrifice, bought at a price.  It’s not based on how we look in our ball gown but who He created us to be.  We have constant access to him through his word, the Bible and the Holy Spirit.

Even if you don’t have red sparkly dancing shoes, don’t miss the chance to spend some time each day relishing in and glowing from the love of the savior. 

“I have loved you with an everlasting love;
   I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.  

Jeremiah 31:3

“Be imitators of God, therefore as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” 

Ephesians 5:1-2

“And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,”

Ephesians 3:17-18

“This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”

  1 John 4:10

2 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

"Glowing" is truly the word for your girl! It is so sad that we (I) don't allow myself to feel that way more often, when He is always full of love for me. Thanks for the reminder.
Nancy

Shan in Japan said...

Thanks for the reminder! Brought tears to my eyes.